Slow Start Up Time And Laggy Interface

tpl

Reaction score
Not me. I am running the Beta version. Are you running then Dev version?

Rod

Reaction score
Mine is fine, I did at one time on an earlier build, now I am on Beta 22000.184 I also added an extra 8gb of ram making 16

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is anybody having issues on start up times and just overall lag on everything you do?
Welcome to the forums :). No problems here - I'd be interested to know which build you're running (Beta or Dev?)

I'm on 22000.184 atm too.

lesbryce

Reaction score
Is anybody having issues on start up times and just overall lag on everything you do?
I am running the beta version 1000.22000.194.0. 10 secs from power on to login. I found the taskbar menu was a bit laggy but gets faster as it learns. A bit like Win 10 was.

That Fool Pool Man

Reaction score
I'm pissing and moaning in another thread (with good reason) but I did grant this thing flies. I'm not even sure which channel I'm on.

KamiVegeta

Reaction score
I am having a bit of a laggy UX while using the laptop unplugged. It's really smooth when the charger is plugged in, though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am having a bit of a laggy UX while using the laptop unplugged. It's really smooth when the charger is plugged in, though.
This sounds like you might need to adjust your power management settings, perhaps by nudging up the performance settings when on battery power :).

KamiVegeta

Reaction score
This sounds like you might need to adjust your power management settings, perhaps by nudging up the performance settings when on battery power :).
Well, I tried that. And I generally keep it permanently on High Performance mode, so that isn't a variable for me.

Anyway, I reverted to Windows as I started experiencing that issue with the laptop plugged in as well. That, and the fact that they changed some of the navigation shortcuts, with no option to choose for legacy shortcuts. That was a real downer.

Visually, 11 is beautiful. Experientially, not so much. I might try this again after some more key updates are announced.

Ask a Question