Move OneDrive from C: to D: Drive?

VTuser

Reaction score
My old Windows 10 HP Desktop System died so I bought a new HP one which came thru with Win 11 on it. During setup various questions were asked and one was do you use OneDrive so of course I said yes, and OneDrive was installed and setup with the connection made to all my backed-up doc, pictures etc on OneDrive storage. My old system only had one hard drive, C , with all the Windows and user files on it but the new system has a small C drive and a large D drive. The OneDrive control file was installed on the smaller C drive of course. Also, ALL of my OneDrive user files on my old HP system, resided on the old C drive. All the backed up files to OneDrive, never showed up on the new system C drive or D drives, BUT they are all still on OneDrive storage, thankfully. So, my question is how do I tell OneDrive on my new HP 11 system to start using the new D drive, not the new small C drive and download all the backed-up Documents, Pictures etc to the new D drive and then start operating using that setup. I hope that explanation is clear, because the first time I read it I decided to rewrite it. Thanks for any help you can give.

alan sh

Reaction score
Disconnect the onedrive from your new system and add it in again. When you've added the password, you should get a screen where it tells you where it's going to put it. You can click on a link there and change it.

Alan

Ask a Question