My laptop PC shuts down while starting up Why.?

Mickey52

Reaction score
Here is something that happens randomly that drives me crazy.
I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7586 I keep in sleep mode When I first start it up the key board lights up then it shuts down. I check before I shut it down that the battery is charged. This case it was 83% I use the powered button again as I did before a blue screen warning appears saying Windows (11) did not started up properly I click start up normal and it does.
Dell firm ware is up to date.
Win 11 is up to date.
Intell drivers are up to date.
HP Smart is up to date.
Closing lid is set on Hibernate
Battery, I have been software warning if it is low charge warns me when it is fully charge, the battery was replaced this past year old one was 3 years old. I did not replace the battery myself I took to Best buy they replaced.
This is not the first time this has happened to me but after covering all bases I can think of it is to be a setting in Win11 but I can't figure out what to look for. Can anyone give me ideals what to look for.

Solution
thank you Roger Over appears that is what I have been doing either pressing to hard or holding the power button to long causing my PC to go into sleep mode during start up.
I have always said look for the simple or stupid things before blaming Windows or my PC.

Mickey52

Reaction score
Like I said it happens randomly I use USB once a week to back up my Quicken data, but I safely remove it after backup, and I have my mouse stick inserted all the time. So far it starts but there may come the time it will not.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Just another thought: on my previous PC (not a laptop), when I pushed the powerbutton just short and lightly, it woke up, when I pushed it strongly and/or longer it shutted down.

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
that's a thought I could doing that not knowing I am Let me watch closer to see if that could be the problem.

Thank you

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
thank you Roger Over appears that is what I have been doing either pressing to hard or holding the power button to long causing my PC to go into sleep mode during start up.
I have always said look for the simple or stupid things before blaming Windows or my PC.

Vote:
Solution

RogerOver

Reaction score
To avoid the problem: I think (not sure) there should (normally) be another way to wake it up. Did you try the "pause" tab (the long one) on your keyboard or the "enter" tab (or both). if this does not work, have a look into your laptop's manual.

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
so far just watching how and how long I hit the power button is working. Make since what you suggested I have been covering myself making sure my drivers, Win11 and software are up to date. Last thing was a stupid thing or my actions.
I did explore pc owner manual and its website no one else was having any issues. I will let you know if it reappears in the future but so far so good

Vote:

Ask a Question