OneDrive hijacked my /User folder, how do I fix?

llloyd4

Reaction score
When this lappy updated itself to Win 11, despite my best efforts to keep it Win 10 (I did the registery hack and everything and it still updated to Win 11 >.< ) it automagically moved my /User folder to the OneDrive cloud storage, which is now whining I am over my 5gb limit. I just want to move it back to the /User folder where it belongs and disable it. All the web pages I've found says to go into OneDrive -> Settings -> Account but I don't see an Account option despite being logged into OneDrive. So how do I move everything back to where it belongs and disable this perm. How?

Sir_George

Reaction score
When this lappy updated itself to Win 11, despite my best efforts to keep it Win 10 (I did the registery hack and everything and it still updated to Win 11 >.< ) it automagically moved my /User folder to the OneDrive cloud storage, which is now whining I am over my 5gb limit. I just want to move it back to the /User folder where it belongs and disable it. All the web pages I've found says to go into OneDrive -> Settings -> Account but I don't see an Account option despite being logged into OneDrive. So how do I move everything back to where it belongs and disable this perm. How?

The link below is a video with the steps necessary to move "Onedrive-User" folder(s) back to your PC. Please view the entire video to properly complete the process.

Vote:

llloyd4

Reaction score
Small issue, he says to click on the cloud icon on the task bar, there is no cloud icon on the task bar.

And Microsoft says Onedrive should be already installed, it isn't, when I install it, it says there is a problem with the account, the problem is it ate 5gb of files by moving my stuff into the Onedrive folder without asking me and now it's demanding money to upgrade my storage. >.<

Vote:

llloyd4

Reaction score
Update, well below the 5gb and M$ is still claiming my account is frozen until I either free up space (I did) or buy more storage. So I dunno what kind of racket they're running over there but I still can't get the OneDrive app to log me in so I'll have the cloud icon in the system tray, so I can access the settings option from said cloud icon and follow along the video.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Update, well below the 5gb and M$ is still claiming my account is frozen until I either free up space (I did) or buy more storage. So I dunno what kind of racket they're running over there but I still can't get the OneDrive app to log me in so I'll have the cloud icon in the system tray, so I can access the settings option from said cloud icon and follow along the video.

Have you emptied the "Recycle Bin" in the OneDrive folders list on the left side of the screen?

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Just create a folder in called C:\Personal and move everything from OneDrive to that Personal folder and uninstall the OneDrive from Programs and Features section ..

If you can't open OneDrive from taskbar / quicklaunch etc. just open is manually via Apps in the Settings section W11 ..

P/S: OneDrive comes pre-installed with all versions of W11 and there won't be app icon in Programs, Shortcuts until few restarts ..

Vote:

Ask a Question