Pop-up User Account Control

Scott@W11

Reaction score
Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka Windows NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and it tells me it's incorrect. This is what's on the pop-up. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Verified publisher Microsoft Windows to continue. Enter in admin username and password in the box. I've even tried pressing F2, F8 & F12 multiple times at start up and that doesn't work.
Please can someone get me out of Windows 11? Thank you very much. Scott

Scott@W11

Reaction score
I need to enter my password in the box. However, it says above it... To continue enter an admin username and password edit security will also be installed for the administrator. AND, do I use slash ( / or \ ) and or dash ( - )?

Vote:

Ben Myers

Reaction score
It sounds like you are using a standard account and don't know the username and password of an administrator account. While there are ways to enable the hidden administrator account in situations like this, it can be difficult and even if successful, a reset may give you an older version of Windows that is difficult to upgrade. If there is nothing on the computer worth saving, you might consider using the Windows 10 Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB stick or DVD and using it to do a clean install of Windows 10. Be sure to write down your Windows 10 license key before starting.

Ben

Vote:

Ask a Question