Remove preview pain from windows explore

Pablo56

Reaction score
This has only recently happened. I seem to have inhereted a preview pain in Windows explorer. I have scowered the internet an all I am told is to go to view and untick the prieview pain. All I can do is go between preview and Details. I can't get rid of the pain. I don't know what I did to get this pain in the neck.

TIA

Desmond.

Attachments

• PreviewPane.jpg
    PreviewPane.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 9

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same thing in my Explorer ! I don't think you can remove it !
But where is your problem with that ?

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I have File Explorer in the Details View, went to View, clicked Preview pane then on the right clicked Preview to toggle show or hide.

1703383811629.png
1703383857025.png

Vote:

Pablo56

Reaction score
RogerOver: Were is the problem with that? Well I will twll you. If I go to detauled view, I want to see all the atributes for that file including date created. I now have to widen my window to the full width of the screen to see the onformation I need. I don't need a preview pain. I can click on a file to open it if I need to.

Second. When I got the PC with Windows 11, It was not theire so it must be removable and I must have clicked on something to get it. It can be removed.

Vote:

Pablo56

Reaction score
Actualy the resolution was a simple one. Right at the top and to the extreem right is the word Details. Clicking on this hides it. Simple realy. Thought it could have been pointed out. Maybe that should have been a drop down option as well.

CLOSED.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question