ResourceUnavailable: Program 'cmd.exe' failed to run: An error occurred trying to start process

gehrenfeld

Reaction score
When I run cmd.exe, I get this error - Windows can't find 'C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

cmd.exe is in c:/windows/system32, and the path is in the Environment Variables.

In all the google searches, they want me to run cmd.exe to fix the problem, well kind of hard to do.

If I run Windows terminal, it loads PowerShell 7.1

I can't run npm or any other program that requires cmd.exe because it can access cmd.exe

gehrenfeld

Reaction score
When I run cmd.exe, I get this error - Windows can't find 'C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

cmd.exe is in c:/windows/system32, and the path is in the Environment Variables.

In all the google searches, they want me to run cmd.exe to fix the problem, well kind of hard to do.

If I run Windows terminal, it loads PowerShell 7.1

I can't run npm or any other program that requires cmd.exe because it can access cmd.exe
I reinstalled Windows

Vote:

Ask a Question