Win 11 auto random reboot when using video editing program

BlueDragon65

Reaction score
I am using Filmora and Pinnacle Studio 24 Video editing programs. I am experiencing random auto-reboot when I use either program. Reboot sometimes occurs a few hours while I am on the program and sometimes as short as 30 mins. This was not the case when I was on Win 10. I have implemented the recommendations suggested in
, but still the same issue.
My PC is i9 with 32 GB Ram and 64 bit Win 11 Pro. Any suggestion on resolving this issue?

Josh Ready

Reaction score
Have you checked your RAM for errors?

Type Win+R to bring up the command window. Type "mdsched.exe" and click OK. Select "Restart now and check for problems". Your computer will reboot and perform a memory diagnostic. While not always the culprit for random reboots it is definitely worth looking at, even if another operating system was working previously.

Additionally, you can look in your Event Logs and try to determine what happens when the system reboots. Generally Event Viewer->Windows Logs->System-> will show what caused the system to reboot.

Vote:

BlueDragon65

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. Have done a RAM test and no errors. I will look at the event log when this problem occurs. Have not had one since I posted the issue. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Vote:

gnezdavrukavah

Reaction score
Random auto-reboots can be really frustrating, especially when you're in the middle of video editing. It's strange that it started happening after upgrading to Windows 11. Have you checked if your system meets the minimum requirements for both the operating system and the video editing programs?

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I missed this when originally posted over a year ago but would hope it has been fixed.

I would have mentioned that most programs that work/worked on Win10 will also work on Win11, at least has for me so far. The only real operational difference is Win11 is not available for 32-bit/x86-only CPUs even though it works with 32-bit programs. Haven't actually seen a 32-bit CPU in quite some time.

Also would have suggested reinstalling the program itself.

Vote:

matty101

Reaction score
I faced a similar situation when I switched from using a MacBook with iMovie to a Windows system. The transition wasn't smooth, and I encountered issues with my usual video editing programs on the new operating system.

My solution was to explore other video editing options that were more compatible with Windows. I found Movavi, a great alternative to iMovie, which I learned about through https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/imovie-alternatives.html. Movavi was a robust platform catering to my video editing needs without causing system instability. Its user-friendly interface was a breeze to learn, making the transition smoother than I expected.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Good suggestion, have to give it a try as I have some short .flv clips I'd like to merge into a single file.

Vote:

Ask a Question