I want Windows 11 - but problem appears

Reaction score
I am 80 - not demented - not senile. Downloaded file from Microsoft to install on my 2020 HP laptop.
Installs up to 68%, then restarts. Then undoes changes made. Then shows cannot install - fault reference is 0x800F0955. what can I do? I tried at least 10 times yesterday. I have the W11 beta desktop. Their PC healthcheck says I'm good to go. Please help me.

Grizzly

Reaction score
If you have the Beta version you must be part of the Insider program. This however is no longer necessary as Windows 11 has been released officially.
To get Windows 11 you might want to take a look here as you can get everything you need to install Windows 11:

davehc

Reaction score
Follow Grizzly’s lead. At the start, make sure you elect to have the updates later, when the option appears.

rfsmith7

Reaction score
I would run the System File Checker. From an elevated command prompt enter

sfc /scannow

davehc

Reaction score
The error refers to an update problem mostly. Hence my suggestion. But if you follows Grizzly's link, it may not reoccur

Reaction score
If you have the Beta version you must be part of the Insider program. This however is no longer necessary as Windows 11 has been released officially.
To get Windows 11 you might want to take a look here as you can get everything you need to install Windows 11:

Good Morning & thanks, but I'm still up the same cul-de-sac!
1) created Windows 11 Media Creation on a USB
2) ran it. blue screen displayed "Installing Windows 11" up to 68%
3) then display changed to "Your PC will restart in a few moments"
4) next: HP boot screen
5) then black screen displaying "working on updates" - it got up to 22%
6) then screen said "UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER"
7) after restart "WE COULDN'T INSTALL WINDOWS 11" and referred to fault 0x800F0955
8) deja vue

More suggestions please?
Tony

ps: Windows 11 Installation Assistant would even open

davehc

Reaction score
Did you try my suggestion?
At the beginning, message " Change how you want to install updates" Click "Not Now"

Last edited:

Ask a Question