Windows 11 download released

Grizzly

Reaction score
Microsoft gave Windows 11 an early start and released the Update assistant as well as the Media Creation Tool (MCT) a day early:

You can download the ISO file directly on the above page as well

The ISO made with the MCT has the size of 4.16GB (4.366.656kb) whereas the downloaded
ISO has a size of 5.12GB (5.369.126kb) due to the fact that the latter uses the INSTALL.WIM and the MCT uses the INSTALL.ESD

just fyi...

Last edited:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
While a clean install is always a good idea, I've come to loathe them. I just don't like spending DAYS getting everything back to where it was, and even then it still takes weeks of tweaking. No thanks. I'm glad to have not had to do a clean install with my current computer system yet. It's really no longer required, just recommended.

jonnied12

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success installing this ISO in a Hyper-V session on a Windows 10 computer?
The Enhanced Session Mode must not support W11. I have to uncheck it to get to the log in screen.

Ask a Question