Start Menu or Search Bar Yields Spinning Dots

kurt4095

Reaction score
Not sure anyone has ever seen this yet (a first for me), but any Google searches yield zero meaningful results. I have a user that, when he clicks on his search or start menu, he gets a blurred screen with spinning dots. This will stay this way until he clicks on something on his other monitor. You can see that the start menu is trying to open behind the blurry screen, but the loading dots stay there as well.

Update: A reboot from the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen resolved the problem, but I'm not sure what the search and start menu were trying to load (unless it was the start menu). So I guess all is well, but wanted to make sure no one else had seen the issue.

11.png

Last edited:

Archer415

Reaction score
Not sure anyone has ever seen this yet (a first for me), but any Google searches yield zero meaningful results. I have a user that, when he clicks on his search or start menu, he gets a blurred screen with spinning dots. This will stay this way until he clicks on something on his other monitor. You can see that the start menu is trying to open behind the blurry screen, but the loading dots stay there as well.

Update: A reboot from the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen resolved the problem, but I'm not sure what the search and start menu were trying to load (unless it was the start menu). So I guess all is well, but wanted to make sure no one else had seen the issue.

View attachment 916

Hi Kurt,

I also had this same issue, with the spinning dots and blurred screen any time I would click the start/search. I was able to exist that screen by hitting the windows button, but the problem still occurred. I right clicked on the start icon to get to setting, and searched for troubleshooting, and followed additional troubleshooting and selected windows search option. That performed a couple of exercises and resolved it.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Attachments

• Additional.PNG
    Additional.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question