Strange "chinese" letters in my registry

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,

while searching for a certain registry entry, I found by hazard those strange entries in my registry (see screenshot). I am enclined to remove them and I have already made a complete backup of my registry. But before doing so, I'd like to kindly ask to confirm (or not) whether you do have these entries also.
They are all at the very end of "HKEY_Classes_Root" and all refer either to "swf_auto_file" or "ics_auto_file" (and have no further sub-entries).
Thank you very much for confirming or disconfirming !

Capture.jpg

Regards

Bighorn

Reaction score
I don't have those entries on mine. Also, no second language installed. I can opine that the mention of swf is for the old ShockWave audio format. Not sure about the ics, first I saw of ICS was the Internet Connection Sharing introduced in Windows 98SE/Second Edition back in, you guessed it, after 1998.

Grizzly

Reaction score
ICS is a calendar file, a universal format that can be transferred between Windows and Apple as well as to Google Android.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Ok, thank you very much, I deleted the entries. We'll see !
I effectively have "Ruffle" installed to run some old Flashplayer files from time to time !
And I use "My Phone Explorer" to transfer files and folders from and to my Android, but I don't use the calender, nor the synchronise function. The Windows inbuild file transfer function does not work correctly; if I transfer bigger folders betwenn Windows and my phone, the inbuild function only transfers half of the files in the folder.
Thanks !

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hi,

while searching for a certain registry entry, I found by hazard those strange entries in my registry (see screenshot). I am enclined to remove them and I have already made a complete backup of my registry. But before doing so, I'd like to kindly ask to confirm (or not) whether you do have these entries also.
They are all at the very end of "HKEY_Classes_Root" and all refer either to "swf_auto_file" or "ics_auto_file" (and have no further sub-entries).
Thank you very much for confirming or disconfirming !

View attachment 1608

Regards
same here but on Edge changed to Chinese LOL .. I use My Phone Explorer too backup contacts ..

Garyw

Reaction score
I have them also, but in my registry, it refers to 7z_auto_file.

Ask a Question