Unable to select from task bar

Spunky

Reaction score
Hi

Switched on PC today and the bottom task bar with the windows icon, search bar etc and all the icons to their right are not select-able with the mouse.
Desk-top icons are and I can navigate the internet and play games - just seems to be a Windows 11 issue.

If I use the windows button and type an app I can't click on the suggestion it brings up either.

I can however right click on the desktop and bring up the menu and edit the display setting.

Any ideas?

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hi

Switched on PC today and the bottom task bar with the windows icon, search bar etc and all the icons to their right are not select-able with the mouse.
Desk-top icons are and I can navigate the internet and play games - just seems to be a Windows 11 issue.

If I use the windows button and type an app I can't click on the suggestion it brings up either.

I can however right click on the desktop and bring up the menu and edit the display setting.

Any ideas?
Try pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer and choose Restart.

Vote:

Ask a Question