What does "copy" mean when after a folder name

chitchat

Reaction score
What does it mean when a folder Has the word

“copy” behind it and how can I find the original folder?

shell

Reaction score
The word copy is normally added when you copy and paste a folder/file in the same directory
You shoud find the original folder in the same directory, if it's not moved manually to another place.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
For future use keep in mind that a folder [older name was directory] cannot hold 2 or more files of the exact same name which is why one copied into the same folder has to have at least one character difference, Windows makes it easier to differentiate and avoid corruption of the files. This also applies to folders and subfolders.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
If you've not purposely made a copy of a file, then it means you screwed up somewhere.
I know this, because I've done it more times than I care to count.
I'll be selecting a group of files, using Windows Explorer, for deletion, etc. , and somehow the entire group will become "Copies". Aw sh**! Not again! So then I have to stop what I'm really trying to do, and delete a bunch of "Copies".
I always blame it on a Glitch in Windows, but I suspect that the problem is closer to home than that.

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Ask a Question