Wifi keeps turning off after screensaver/logging back in

james_uk

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Asus Proart studiobook H7640JI
I have it set so the screen saver comes on as it advised it to help with the OLED display, i also have it set to lock my laptop after so long as well.

I am finding, when it's been left a while and i have to log back in, the wifi icon bottom right always has to reconnect.

I have looked around at each setting i can think of, but cannot find anything that tells this laptop to turn on/off the wifi when it locks or after so long of inactivity etc..

Can anyone help at all please, as i really don't want it turning off automatically.

Regards
James

Solution
I am hoping i have solved this now.
After doing a bit of googling, i found this site Microsoft Answers
The answer was near the bottom, regarding adding PlatformAoAcOverride to the registry.
After rebooting, the power management tab is back in device manager, and also shows power save modes for wifi in my power plan as well.

Only done it before, so not tried it long enough to know if it solves my wifi cutting out when my laptop have been idle/locked for a while.

Hopefully it fdoes though :)

Regards
James

yodap

Reaction score
Have you rebooted the router recently? There may be a firmware update for the router as well.

Vote:

james_uk

Reaction score
I am hoping i have solved this now.
After doing a bit of googling, i found this site Microsoft Answers
The answer was near the bottom, regarding adding PlatformAoAcOverride to the registry.
After rebooting, the power management tab is back in device manager, and also shows power save modes for wifi in my power plan as well.

Only done it before, so not tried it long enough to know if it solves my wifi cutting out when my laptop have been idle/locked for a while.

Hopefully it fdoes though :)

Regards
James

Vote:
Solution

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Go to Device Manager (Windows key + X > Device Manager) > expand Network adapters > right-click on Related Ethernet Adapter or WiFi Adapter > go to the Power Management tab > untick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power > click OK.

It's here in Device Manager;

1709384276186.png

Vote:

Ask a Question