Win11 Insider Dev Channel Preview, Ran fine with my i7-4790 @3.60GHz and Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H motherboard with 32GB RAM.

pcuser

Reaction score
I got Win11 as an Insider Dev Channel Preview, Ran fine with my i7-4790 @3.60GHz and Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H motherboard with 32GB RAM. Note. I do not have TPM and not using UEFI or Secure Boot.

After using Win11 for a while, I went back to Win10...

I didn't like the reduced functionality and flexibility of the Win11 TaskBar. The TaskBar is now limited to a single line of shortcut icons at only the bottom of the screen. Also on starting to load the Desktop... Win11 gave an error message... "TrayClockWClass not found" which prevented my "Atomic Alarm Clock 6" which I use because it has a more pleasing look [i.e. clock "skins"] that shows a more customizable and informational Date/Time Display. I used "Atomic Alarm Clock 6" in Win10 to replace the MS TrayClock which now in Win11 doesn't show "seconds". Note. MS really needs to update its TrayClock to allow customizations of the "fonts" and Date/Time information.

Last edited:

Arnold

Reaction score
I got Win11 as an Insider Dev Channel Preview, Ran fine with my i7-4790 @3.60GHz and Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H motherboard with 32GB RAM. Note. I do not have TPM and not using UEFI or Secure Boot.

I didn't like the reduced functionality and flexibility of the Win11 TaskBar. The TaskBar is now limited to a single line of shortcut icons at only the bottom of the screen. Also on starting to load the Desktop... Win11 gave an error message... "TrayClockWClass not found" which prevented my "Atomic Alarm Clock 6" which I use because it has a more pleasing look [i.e. clock "skins"] that shows a more customizable and informational Date/Time Display. I used "Atomic Alarm Clock 6" in Win10 to replace the MS TrayClock which now in Win11 doesn't show "seconds". Note. MS really needs to update its TrayClock to allow customizations of the "fonts" and Date/Time information.

Hello, you´re right, the taskbar in Win 11 is "dead man", no customizable, you can´t hide system icons of connection, speaker, etc.
I have the same problem with Atomic Alarm Clock, which is the best tray clock. But principially is the problem of in the TrayClockWClass, which isn´t now in this time with dev a and beta versions to disposition. But we must hope (I wrote also as member of Windows Insiders to this community, but to today I became any to my sorrow any answer. But maybe must we all be how by Aplle, not possibility to be creative, to have something "especially individual" ... Have a nice time and hope in best future day with Win 11, which are after my meaning from start of dev to momentally beta version working very properly. Arnold

Rod

Reaction score

I agree totally with you, I use The same clock as you and obviously had the same error as MS don't want their taskbar customised. Of course these are not public builds just for testing so we expect this sort of thing. I did send feedback on the hub app about the TrayClockWClass not found but it was not very well supported so I guess nothing will be done about it. I wonder what 3rd party tweaks/hacks will be available after Oct 5th when it's released to the public

Nerosutton

Reaction score
Until Atomic Alarm Clock or Windows 11 fixes the TrayClockWClass problem, I'm using a clock gadget. I force it to display on top of all windows. It's not a replacement for Atomic Alarm Clock, but at least I can now read the clock.
1648036683567.png

Ask a Question