Windows 11 Task bar missing

Kiran Kumar Jinka

Reaction score
1. Start menu and the task bar missing
2. Tried restart of the machine, no use
3. Tried restart of Windows Explorer no use
4. Tried opening a desktop icon (shortcut to a file folder), file explorer opens up but no refresh happens (just a blank white screen)
5. Can't run any command using Windows + R either - nothing happens

Kusho

Reaction score
my bar is showing at the bottom but there are no buttons on it. I can click on Microsoft edge from the desktop and it will come up but if i happen to minimize it i can never get it to come back up. If i move a mouse over the bar i get a spin wheel but no matter how long i wait icons never load. Windows is not usable in this format. Please can something be done? Or do i need to roll my system back to windows 10. I've tried rebooting. that doesnt fix it. I was able to reboot by pressing Ctl-alt-delete and the menu comes up. but I can not get the start menu at all.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Read known issues at this link

There seems to be some persistent issues with Start as well as the Taskbar
Also
UPDATE 7:10PM PDT: Recently, Windows Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels began reporting that Start and Taskbar were unresponsive and Settings and other areas of the OS wouldn’t load. We quickly discovered an issue with a server-side deployment that went out to Insiders and canceled that deployment. If you were impacted by this issue, you can use the following steps to get back into a working state on your PC.

• Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
  • Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
  • Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
  • Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
  • Step 5: Paste the following (everything in bold):
    reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
  • Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.

Vote:

Kusho

Reaction score
Read known issues at this link

There seems to be some persistent issues with Start as well as the Taskbar
Also
that link doesnt load for me. I'm on a Ubuntu box with Firefox and it just sits and loads but link never comes up. My Windows 11 box wont let me do anything... So I'm a little lost what to do.
Nevermind it finally loaded. I'll try what it says to do.

Ok that fixed me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question