Always running

cosmic52

Reaction score
I've noticed that Microsoft's Get Started and Microsoft's Photo's are always running, is there a way to stop this?.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Running where? please be specific .. I suppose in Task Manager? no It doesn't runs in my system and as for Microsoft Photos, I couldn't help you because I have removed it permanently and replaced with ACDSee ..

Microsoft Get Started is part of Shell Experience / Windows Experience, stopping and/or removing it could cause the system to be unstable (I have tried before) ..

I only have these intact, the rest eg. Zune, Music, XBox,Office Hub, Solitaire .. bla bla bla are just bloatwares, I have removed them permanently;
1694630298180.png

:)

cosmic52

Reaction score
Answer complete then, if you can't stop it without crashing the system, then I'll leave well alone.

davehc

Reaction score
I would, first, echo the previous post and ask - where do you see them running?
But, neither have an impact on the opration of your computer, and could be disabled.

Look in the settings -Apps - startup and see if they are in the list. If so, disable them. Paint should be easy, but I suspect the other .
If you cannot see it, run it and see if there is any entry where you can stop it. It is merely for beginners on first using Windows, to offer suggestions as to how to improve the overall running of the machine.

cosmic52

Reaction score
Yes it is in task manager. But now it seems you can't see background apps on win 11. So I wouldn't be able stop any of them.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Additionally, You can also use the red-marked items below to gain more space .. it is 100% safe and tested by myself :)

1694699103035.png

cosmic52

Reaction score
I would look at the website you recommended Dave, but I don't think I have enough time to untick all the ridiculous legitiate boxes lol...As for the other suggestion, there's one thing I don't want to do is rock the boat with windows it's self as I'm not that confident.

Ask a Question