Cant install new windows OS , keeps reverting after restart

1warren

Reaction score
Hi guys im having an issue with my windows OS and chatgpt isnt helping , so im running windows 11 on a desktop, the pc freezes and restart after a while like an hour or 2, can't update windows its throwing an error:Download error - 0x800b0003, when I run sfc /scannow it says corrupted files have been fixed but for that to take effect it needs to restart and basically thats been every solution like reinstalling the OS for example its all requiring a restart but after restarting 50 times its always taking me back to the same state(even if uninstall apps they come back) --> tried using diskpart to format the ssd i have the os running on in installation mode (on a usb that i got a new OS on) but that doesnt seem to work, tried deleting the restore points and turning of system protection but it just keeps going back to the same state, uninstalled the previous updates same issue, any one ever come across something like this ?

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
do you have something installed that repairs your system automatically ?

When you say you are restarting, are you doing a real shutdown or are you just restarting (perhaps with hibernation) ?

You could try to turn of hibernation temporarily: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/t.../deployment/disable-and-re-enable-hibernation

And it would do no harm to also clear pagefile.sys: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-clear-pagefile-on-shutdown/

Other wise I am a bit lost, except - as I said - you have some third party software (which I do not know) to automatically restore your PC to the previous state.

You could also try to radically shutdown your computer by long pushing the power button or by withdrawing the power cable !

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hi guys im having an issue with my windows OS and chatgpt isnt helping , so im running windows 11 on a desktop, the pc freezes and restart after a while like an hour or 2, can't update windows its throwing an error:Download error - 0x800b0003, when I run sfc /scannow it says corrupted files have been fixed but for that to take effect it needs to restart and basically thats been every solution like reinstalling the OS for example its all requiring a restart but after restarting 50 times its always taking me back to the same state(even if uninstall apps they come back) --> tried using diskpart to format the ssd i have the os running on in installation mode (on a usb that i got a new OS on) but that doesnt seem to work, tried deleting the restore points and turning of system protection but it just keeps going back to the same state, uninstalled the previous updates same issue, any one ever come across something like this ?
The link listed below is for Windows 10, but very often the information is also applicable to Windows 11. Check and see if anything in the article helps.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
SNAFU!
In the very few times, when my OS has gotten that fouled up, I've had NO qualms about backing up my data and doing a Clean Re-Install of my OS. Nothing is as error free as a nice clean install.
Sometimes, in the greater plan of life, things happen that just can't be fixed.
I try to keep the latest version, of the latest OS handy, on a Flash Drive for the next install.
In fact, I have every OS back to XP, on flash drives. I never know when I may want to install one someplace.

So far, with Windows 11, I've not had to do a Re-Install because of OS problems. It seems to be a very stable and friendly OS. And, I've never had any OS that was/is as programmable as Win-11.
It's like a big ball of modeling clay, that I can mold to my own liking.

Good Luck Mate!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Ask a Question