Chkdsk problem after installing Windows 11

ANS2023أُ

Reaction score
Hello
I am a composer and I need to use Windows 7 for my work because I have plugins that only work on Windows 7. But I install Windows 11 in another partition. It installs well and works, but later when I try to enter Windows 7, the chkdsk error is activated and I have to wait 15 minutes each time until all the errors are resolved before entering Windows. I don't want it from within windows because it causes problems. If anyone has Windows 10 or 11, send this problem to Microsoft through Feedback Hub so that they can solve this problem in the next updates.

Thank you

Bighorn

Reaction score
Since Win7 has been out of support for awhile it may be difficult to get any for it. I don't do dual-booting but from all I've read the more-successful method seems to be using 2 internal drives [which is easier to do in a Desktop versus a Notebook], one for each OS [same for Linux and Windows] and the boot process set to make a choice of which to start up.

An issue may occur between Win7 and Win11 if Win7 is running as x86/32-bit and Win11 as x64/64-bit. Win11 is not available as 32-bit even though it can run a large number of 32-bit programs like Win10 does as evidenced by the C:\Program Files (x86) folder on the drive.

I have choices of some older versions of Windows but I have saved different machines running them. I keep 4 Desktops with different versions, Win7, Win10, Win11 and Linux Mint 21, all connected to 1 Keyboard, 1 Video and 1 Mouse [KVM] switch and can select which one to work on as desired. The Win7 is only available for reference to what a client might see as a problem so it doesn't run all the time [yeah, a couple haven't changed yet].

Last edited:

Vote:

ANS2023أُ

Reaction score
I only have one SSD that I can partition and a few hard drives that are full. Please message Microsoft to fix this problem so that we can install Windows 11 alongside Windows 7 without chkdsk error. Of course, my processor is not in the list of supported processors of Windows 11 and I use the registry method to install Windows. But if I install Windows 11 individually, I have no problem. So please report this to Microsoft and link it here to Shatrak so that more people can vote for it. Maybe Microsoft solved the problem. Thanks

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
This forum is not sponsored by Microsoft so we don't know if any of them are watching. There is a Feedback Hub app on the Start menu for the purpose of letting Microsoft know.

1681924240078.png

Vote:

Ask a Question