Latest Windows Updates for Realtek, River, DTS and Defender Updates

StevenG

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the latest Win-11 26 Feb 2023 Windows Updates, that included Cumulative Updates, Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, and these unrelated updates that refuse to download and install:

1. Realtek – Extension 9.21.3690.273

2. River Networks LLC – Extension – 2.3.3314.0

3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.383.51.0)

4. DTS – Extension – 1.10.35.0

As on my Win-11 Home I get these updates, but they don't download or install, and they always come back to "Retry" no matter what I do.

The FIX is to do this:
1. Launch the Run dialog box. Type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, and press Enter.
2. Select all the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder and click on the trash icon at the top to delete them all.
3. Get out of that File Explorer folder and reboot the PC
4. After reboot, run Windows Update as all these updates will be eliminated and won't come up again and your Windows Update will say "You're up to date"

Good luck and hope this helps you out?

davehc

Reaction score
I am using pro. Cant help much, except to say I have updates which seem to be much in advance of yours(?)
for example

1676526630047.png
It could be a difference, though, between pro and home.

fwiw. Could you have a look at the date in your first line? We havent got there yet.

Vote:

StevenG

Reaction score
I am using pro. Cant help much, except to say I have updates which seem to be much in advance of yours(?)
for example

View attachment 890
It could be a difference, though, between pro and home.

fwiw. Could you have a look at the date in your first line? We havent got there yet.
No, this is a Microsoft stuff up and its happening to many users, my solution is the only way to fix this as I haven't got these updates after doing the above again in Windows Update scan anymore. Your Win-11 Pro might need these drivers, my Nitro 5 i7, RTX-3050 new laptop doesn't, and the fix above works 100% and there are no exclamation marks in Device Manager on any drivers related to these products like Realtek, DTS and River or Defender.

Vote:

Ask a Question