Microsoft PC Manager - Tutorial

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
user posted image

Another tips from Microsoft itself the tool Microsoft PC Manager, rather than running CCleaner or watsoever use this, to run Health Check, Storage Management (just to note if u clear Edge's temporary file just refresh the tab to reload properly), Windows Update check, Process termination and many more .. after download and install goto the gear icon up there and update the app
smile.gif

Download here https://pcmanager-en.microsoft.com/

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
As a rule, I don't download programs that someone links to on any forum. (that can be dangerous!)
But, I trust you, so I downloaded the program and installed it. Then I went through it, step by step, page by page, option by option.
( I actually don't like programs that require so much user intervention)
So after the program did its thing, I ran my Cleanup Batch file, and it deleted over 4000 junk files. Typical.

That all worked out good, because after running my Cleanup batch file I discovered that I was still running an OLD version.
So after some revisions, that brought it up to date, I ran it again, and it did a much better job the second time.

That PC Manager program did show me where Windows Defender stores its old Scan logs.
That path has now been added to my Cleanup.bat program. (which will always be a work in progress)

Here's the new command line, added to my Cleanup Batch file:

del /F /S /Q "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Results\Quick\*.*"

Those old scan logs are just NOT important enough to give them a permanent home.

Cheers Mate,
Shadow :cool:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
As a rule, I don't download programs that someone links to on any forum. (that can be dangerous!)
But, I trust you, so I downloaded the program and installed it. Then I went through it, step by step, page by page, option by option.
( I actually don't like programs that require so much user intervention)
So after the program did its thing, I ran my Cleanup Batch file, and it deleted over 4000 junk files. Typical.

That all worked out good, because after running my Cleanup batch file I discovered that I was still running an OLD version.
So after some revisions, that brought it up to date, I ran it again, and it did a much better job the second time.

That PC Manager program did show me where Windows Defender stores its old Scan logs.
That path has now been added to my Cleanup.bat program. (which will always be a work in progress)

Here's the new command line, added to my Cleanup Batch file:

del /F /S /Q "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Results\Quick\*.*"

Those old scan logs are just NOT important enough to give them a permanent home.

Cheers Mate,

I would ammend your code here Shadow as;

del /F /S /Q "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\*.*

the above code deletes all unwanted files (including temporary, logs and history) which are unwanted, but the protected file remains intact and Defender still works well :)

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Point accepted. If the path statement is preceded by a quotation mark, then there should be one at the end of the path.
Like: del /F /S /Q "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\*.*"

Well, after determining that PC Manager was not going to do me that much good, and required way too much time to run, I UN-Installed it. No harm, no foul.

I've had a problem with a beta ver. of Firefox. So if anyone is inclined to try it, DON'T.
I'll open a new thread on the topic.

Ask a Question