Question about Discs (1 or 2)?

james_uk

Reaction score
Hi, I have Full fibre 500, and live in a house that's got 2 floors.

I get normal speed test readings downstairs where the router is, but by the time I am in the top floor, a speed test generally only comes back at about 13mbps. So I thought it might be a good idea to get 1 or 2 discs from Ebay, just someone who's selling theirs.

The main disc would go on the middle landing. I am wondering though, there is the stairs and sometimes living room door being shut that might lessen the signal to the dis on the landing and not sure 100% how it all works, but if I got a second disc and placed it in the downstairs hall, which is then a bit closer to the one on the landing. Would that help boost the signal to the disc on the landing, or would it not really make much odds?

If the living room door is closed, then the disc in the hall would still be hampered by that, but is that how these discs work, if the hall disc was getting a really good signal, would it feed from that to the one on the landing to give a stronger signal than if i didn't have a second disc?

Regards
James

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I am not sure other country, but in our country it looks and works like this, even the national ISP provider give these;

1692960669689.png

1692960788938.png

Ask a Question