Random ERR CONNECTION FAILED in browser and a few other apps

Dave0matic

Reaction score
Hello!

First a little back story to this. I built this box late winter 2020, so it's originally Windows 10. It behaved fine up until the late spring, April or May and then this random behavior started happening.

Go to pop open a browser (doesn't matter which one) and there's the message ERR_CONNCTION_FAILED.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 142932.png

Running Windows Network Diagnostics yields nothing cause there is no problem with the actual physical adapter. I'm 100% of the time hard wired and I did try going WiFi and I still get the above error.

Windows widgets will have the "We're having trouble loading this content" on all the widgets.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 143022.png

Here's the part that makes the whole thing completely odd. Open a command prompt and start pinging away and I get responses.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 143339.png

Here are the things I've tried:

• Another physical NIC.
  • Resetting the network and firewall
  • Went through checking the health of windows overall.
  • Removed the NIC in device manager and then added.
Not sure what is left to investigate! But I sure would like this fixed, it's annoying!

Keeping my fingers that someone has some insight to this issue! If you need any logs from me to help diagnose issue just ask!

I created a report of my system, to big to upload so here is the OneDrive link share --> https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ag5LS_Mik9o-lOkb87QneOqjG3CoDg

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked with the motherboard manufacturer to see if there might be a BIOS Update for the board?
Perhaps something that mentions that it provides support or compatibility for Windows 11?

Vote:

Ask a Question