Retrieve a Win11 Pro serial

ljdarby

Reaction score
Purchased a used laptop with onboard digital license for Win11 Home version. First days experience with its performance went well, so I entered my Win11 Pro serial (legally acquired) & successfully upgrade same. Now days later as I start to add programs to it, I find USB-A port does not work at all, ever. USB-C port is somewhat loose & works most of the time. I have begun return process & want to return device to Win11 Home state PLUS retrieve my legit serial for upgrade of my future machine. Any way to do this cleanly, completely & safely?

Sir_George

Reaction score
Purchased a used laptop with onboard digital license for Win11 Home version. First days experience with its performance went well, so I entered my Win11 Pro serial (legally acquired) & successfully upgrade same. Now days later as I start to add programs to it, I find USB-A port does not work at all, ever. USB-C port is somewhat loose & works most of the time. I have begun return process & want to return device to Win11 Home state PLUS retrieve my legit serial for upgrade of my future machine. Any way to do this cleanly, completely & safely?
You can download Windows 11 from the following site. Simply follow the instructions for a clean install which will wipe the drive and remove all data including the license key used for the upgrade to Windows 11 pro. In order to use the license again on another computer you may have to call MS customer support for assistance.

Vote:

Ask a Question