Same folders found in File explorer

rdpierre

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to clean up and condense my file explorer the same desktop, downloads, pictures folders show up multiple times and I'm not sure how to get rid of it so there's only one. There's a folder with my name but I didn't create that one. desktop screenshot.jpgI had my onedrive account attached to my account because everything was syncing multiple times and it was getting confusing so I removed and log out of it from my laptop. Not sure if I explained the issue well but can anyone help with this problem? I've attached a screenshot of what I'm referring to.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't use One drive. But if you are talking about the left pane in Explorer, I also hate the multiple ways you can access your files and folders though the left pane in Explorer.

Some people prefer to go through libraries, other prefer to go through the user folders Try the registry modifications in the following links to see the effects of removing the one or the other.

You will understand immediately!

If you prefer the other approach, please use the registry file to put the first approach back and remove the second approach (in the second link).

You can even remove both and pass through "My Computer" "This PC" (by opening the drives und folders (little triangles / arrows) in the left pane.

May be you need to restart file explorer / your computer (I don't recall).

Last edited:

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I learned some time ago that many things in the left Navigation pane above This PC such as Libraries and Quick Access or Home are merely shortcuts to the actual Folder in C:\Users\UserNameHere, shows on the right-click and Properties of the items.

Vote:

Ask a Question