Sidebar question

m681

Reaction score
Translated by Google, my name is Miguel, I would like to know if the side bar of the windows where the page is downloaded can be made wider, I move the mouse with my head and the bar is very thin and I have to look closely and that is annoying, even in firefox, I put a screenshot, or be able to customize it, thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-01-04 133344.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2024-01-04 133344.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 6

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
To change the size of the scroll bars on Windows 11 using the Registry Editor:
  1. Right-click the Start menu and select Run (or press the Windows key + R).
    Open Run
  2. Type: regedit in the Run box and click OK. If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    Open Regedit via Run on Windows
  3. In the open Registry Editor window, navigate to the following key using the bar at the top or the tree on the left: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
  4. On the right, you’ll see two values called ScrollHeight and ScrollWidth. These values determine the height and width of the scroll bars in pixels. The default value for both is -225, meaning they are 225 pixels wide or high (the minus sign indicates that they are scaled according to your DPI settings).
    Scrollbar settings in regedit
  5. To change these values, double-click on them and enter a new value in the Value data field. You can enter any value between -1500 and 1500 (the higher or lower the value, the wider or narrower the scroll bar). For example, if you want to double the size of the scroll bars, you can enter -450 for both values.
  6. Click OK to save your changes and close the Registry Editor.
    Edit scrollbar strings in Regedit
  7. You’ll need to sign out and sign back into your user account to apply your changes. Alternatively, you can restart your PC.
You should now see that the scroll bars have changed their size according to your preferences. You can adjust them further by repeating these steps and entering different values until you find what works best.

Vote:

m681

Reaction score
Translated by Google, thank you, but before changing the values in Chrome the bar was fine, but when changing the values the Chrome bar became larger. Can it be done only in the Firefox and Windows bars? Thank you.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
The above given instruction is for Windows 11 only .. some Windows value settings will also make changes to internet browser and applications we use ..

For FireFox, in the address bar type about:config and type widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.size.override to higher value
For Chrome, in the address bar type chrome://flags and type scroll bar then find suitable menu at there and change to higher value

remember to choose appropriate value that suits you, larger value numbers will reflect larger scroll bars ..

Vote:

Ask a Question