System Tray Issues - Task Bar

redmike58

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using Windows 11 Home and for the past month, when my laptop starts the icons in the right corner of the taskbar do not show (ie. Defender/Battery/Wi-fi/Clock etc) until I reboot or go into Task Manager to restart Windows Explorer.
All othe icons on the task bar start up as normal on the left side. Right side is empty.
This happens every single time I turn on my laptop.
I have found that if I just 'click' on the Task Manager icon on the taskbar without actually going into the TM edit, the right sided system tray icons show up.

Is this a fault with the task bar or Task Manager?

Really annoying me as this happens every single start up.

May need a registry fix but I am not that far advanced.

Any help?

redmike58

Reaction score
You could try this bat File: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/reset-notification-icons-on-taskbar-system-tray-in-windows-11.247/
But after restarting your PC, you then need to chose again the icons you want to see.
Hi,
Sorry for late reply. Thanks for the information and link. I will try the process. I am actually losing all the right sided items as a group in one go (it is blank on the right side) until I click on the taskmanager icon on the left side of my task bar - not actually go into taskmanager itself - just click the icon and the block of 5 icons reappear. Strange.

Cheers

Vote:

Ask a Question