Update KB5029263

Fang

Reaction score
After updating to KB5029263 on Aug 8th if I right-click on the taskbar it disappears, and it refreshes my screen. I can right-click the Windows logo at the bottom left of the screen and get to task manger, but I'd like to have the taskbar back the way it has always been.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Mine hasn't changed on 2 Desktops Pro and Home and 2 Notebooks Pro and Home, updated 3 days ago.

1691795060099.png

RogerOver

Reaction score
Do you have or had some taskbar tweaking tool installed ? I had a similar problem because I had "Explorer Patcher" installed. If yes uninstall it and reinstall !

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
If your PC was running the way you want it before the update then do two things.
First, perform a System Restore, to a time before the update, and second, turn the updates OFF.

For a very long time, on my PC's (all 12 of them) System Restore is always turned ON, and MS Updates is always turned OFF.
It's my secret to long life and PC happiness.

Cheers Mates,
Shadow :cool:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
If your PC was running the way you want it before the update then do two things.
First, perform a System Restore, to a time before the update, and second, turn the updates OFF.

For a very long time, on my PC's (all 12 of them) System Restore is always turned ON, and MS Updates is always turned OFF.

Cheers Mates,

Sometimes it will be better your method, not all Windows Updates released are stable and user can always manually install stable updates upon referring revised stable updates via Windows Catalogue :)

Bighorn

Reaction score
Sometimes it will be better your method, not all Windows Updates released are stable and user can always manually install stable updates upon referring revised stable updates via Windows Catalogue :)
I must have weird Win10 and Win11 computers, don't get the problems with the updates.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I must have weird Win10 and Win11 computers, don't get the problems with the updates.​

same here,I was on 22H2 at the time I have installed early January and every single update went though fine without any issues except 1 (which I can't remember the KBxxxxxxx) had to be manually installed via Microsoft Catalogue ..

now I'm on 22H3 ..​

cosmic52

Reaction score

Cheers Mates,
I didn't think you could turn off updates?.

krasnejv

Reaction score
Yep same thing...I had Explorer Patcher running. Deleted it and the problem went away.

Ask a Question