USB problems

seayaker

Reaction score
I bought a laptop with windows 11 pro installed, on my windows 10 computer when I plug a flash drive the USB a box shows up on the desktop with options to view contents etc. and everything else shows up in the taskbar. Windows 11 does nothing. I have to search for the USB items and open them manually. Is this normal and is there any way to fix it so it works like windows 10? I tried uninstalling the USB ports and restarting the laptop, it says the drivers are up to date. What else can I do?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome,

Referring to your case, mind if you could revise the AUTORUN settings ?
Please reply results as we can go on further troubleshooting methods. TQ

1695399800831.png

Vote:

seayaker

Reaction score
Yes! Thankyou! I changed the settings to open folder in explorer and it's working now. I've never had to do anything in all other versions. Now if I could get the midi controller working I'd be set. I have a Korg nanokontrol2 that shows up in the device mgr. under sound, video and game controllers but does not show up in either DAW software (Ableton or Reaper) should be plug and play like it is in 10.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Glad that you have successfully made it and for the MIDI devices I am not familiar because never used any add-in devices for usage, maybe you could refer to the below video and try to make assumption in getting it solved, please post the result as if we could go further in alternate troubleshooting methods.

As far as I am concern, the MIDI device you have mention worked in W10 and should be able to work in W11 too, but need to install the complete given software application by the vendor to be automated and some minor changes in registry as mentioned in the video as well. Just observe and follow carefully, everything should be fine.

Any related downloads, refer https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/285/

:)

Vote:

Ask a Question