Wi-Fi printer cannot detect the router

esebm

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Brother DCP-L2540 wireless printer on win 11. When I press the wireless button on the printer it tries to connect but, after a while It spits out a page telling me that router (about 1 ft away) could not be detected. I went through all kinds of WLAN setups on the printer that I found online but no dice. Can someone suggest something to set this thing up?
Thanks, Ed

RogerOver

Reaction score
I don't know, but you could try !
The router is also on the way to the internet.
Otherwise did you try a USB cable (if the router is only one foot away); perhaps it is then recognized also by the wifi ?

Vote:

esebm

Reaction score
I have finally got the printer to recognize the router, the Wi-Fi button is on but it still does not print wireless.
When connected via USB it prints fine.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
The times I had to set up a printer using Wireless the Router wasn't involved, connected Wireless Direct to the computers. My 2 printers are connected to the Router via Ethernet cable then any computer connected to the Router either Wired or Wireless can use the printers.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have setup Canon wireless printer for a friend at his office months ago, forgot the model but it is required to install the supplied software disc completely then open the app to follow instructions. Also make sure the IP address masks of the router comparing which will be default set in the printer's factory default .. for example

If Router - 192.168.1.1 and Printer - 192.168.0.1 will not work .. the printer has to be at the same mask as 192.168.1.1 .. so set the printer to be as 192.168.1.100​

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Youb could also remove the drivers completely and let Windows reinstall them:
(1) rightclick on your desktop and chose "create shortcut"
(2) type "printui /s /t2" (with distances, without quotation marks) into the window that opens
(3) click "next" and give the shortcut a name (e.g. " Printer Drivers") or leave it as it is. Close.
(4) Click the shortcut and remove all drivers by rightclicking on them then following the instructions. There will be at least one driver from your printer provider and probably two from Windows. If you can't remove one of the Windows drivers, this is because it is in use and/or you need more rights. Just leave them alone.
(5) Restart your computer; Windows will install the drivers needed at startup.

If it still doesn't work, also remove the printer port (another tab on the created shortcut) and restart again.

You might possibly need to reinstall your printer.

Good luck

Last edited:

Vote:

esebm

Reaction score
Update:
My wife's desktop is connected via USB cable, works fine.
As I posted before, I went trough that video before, the green Wi-Fi button is on.
Wireless printing from my wife's laptop works now.
Still does not work from my desktop via router.
Close but no dice.

Vote:

esebm

Reaction score
Just got it working, used another Ethernet cable, removed the printer in devices and added it again. Worked!
Thanks for all your input, much appreciated.
Ed

Vote:

Ask a Question