WiFi networks missing after update

johnbasketball

Reaction score
I own a Dell Inspiron 16, and after receiving updates, I proceeded with the update and restart. However, upon restart, my display brightness became excessively high, and I am unable to decrease it. I contacted the Microsoft support team, attributing the issue to the updates.
Despite the efforts of the support person, the problem persisted. They suggested that my operating system might not have updated properly and proceeded to install a new OS. However, even after the OS installation, my laptop lost internet connectivity.
Microsoft's support team has indicated their inability to assist further, apologizing for the inconvenience. I attempted reverting to Windows 10, but my laptop still does not display available networks. Unfortunately, my laptop is out of warranty, and it lacks a LAN cable port, which complicates matters further. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
You can try resetting the network settings as well:
  • Reset Network: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Click on 'Network reset' at the bottom. This will reset all network-related settings to default and might help in resolving connectivity issues.

Ask a Question