Win 10 pro to Win 11 pro

Denny

Reaction score
I have the Asus Maximus XI Extreme motherboard with Intel i9-9900K processor that I built in 2019. I have turned on TPM2. I have never updated the two Bios in this system. Should they be updated before going from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro? Is there a cost to upgrade to Win 11 Pro? I did an image backup of windows using Macrium Reflect. Dispite building this computer, I am NOT good at computing. Thanks for any info. Denny

davehc

Reaction score
Upgrading to win 11 is free. The os does not offer a great deal that you do not already have in 20, so the choice is yours. I have not had any problems, either with a fresh install or sn upgrade, ut I read posts of several who have.

Vote:

Denny

Reaction score
I have done another complete backup and am ready to upgrade to Win 11 PRo. What are the steps I must take to upgrade?

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Start by opening the settings - updates. See if the upgrade is waiting to be downloaded/installed

Vote:

Ask a Question