Windows Update KB5036893: Users Report Bugs, Lag, Random Reboots, and Unresponsiveness

ChrisJohn86

Reaction score
You may want to pay attention if you have updated your Windows operating system recently. It appears that KB5036893, the latest Windows update, is creating quite a stir among users. Numerous complaints have been made regarding a variety of problems, from grating lag to extremely annoying random reboots and unresponsiveness.

User comments on trustworthy sources seem to indicate that not everyone's system is getting along with the update. Although Microsoft usually releases updates to enhance security and functionality, it appears that some users may not have found this one to their liking.

After installing KB5036893, if any of these problems occur, don't panic just yet. You can usually take specific actions to troubleshoot and possibly fix them.

As a reminder, staying informed is essential to navigating the ever-changing landscape of Windows updates, so make sure to keep an eye out for any official statements or patches from Microsoft addressing these concerns.

Bighorn

Reaction score
So far no issue on 5 OEM machines and one unsupported from 2014, still have one to update.

davehc

Reaction score
I believe this is what MS were calling originally, "Moment 5". Installed a couple of days ago on two quite different machines. No known problems yet

Bighorn

Reaction score
Only one issue on my second unsupported Notebook after the update, after playing/reading an ODD the keyboard doesn't work. It's a 2014 Dell Inspiron 15 5537 model, rebooting fixes the issue but still to be determined if it's a hardware or OS issue. Will be checking with a Linux LiveUSB drive outside of Windows.

davehc

Reaction score
We've been here before in exchange of views!
I would hazard a guess that those experiencing big problems are users who possibly play games or other extra demands, and have fiddled with the registry or applied various non approved "fixes"

Bighorn

Reaction score
You could be right. I keep my computers close to the defaults so I can see what my clients see.

Ask a Question