Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

Alberrtros

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a problem on Windows 11 and i can't type in search box. If i press any character in keyboard it works like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.

For example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App.

I have tried to end task and run explorer.exe, I also tried running ctfmon.exe and did not help. Same goes for Windows Search services.

What else can i do? Thank you in advance!

Ballens

Reaction score
You should end the SearchUI process to stop Windows Search. Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then select Task Manager. Now, select Details. In the Name column, right-click SearchUI.exe. Select End task. When prompted to end SearchUI.exe, select End process.

Vote:

WickedJohn

Reaction score
First try restarting Windows Explorer. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, under the Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart then check if the issue persists

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Please make sure both the red marked services running properly under Task Manager .. also Windows Search is running properly in SERVICES.MSC

1714014346932.png

Vote:

Ask a Question