Create system image not launching

tonyteri

Reaction score
In Windows 11, in control panel, I select Backup (windows 7). Try to launch "Create system Image" and nothing happens. it works on my other windows 11 computer. Just simply will not launch to create the image any ideas?

RogerOver

Reaction score
Did you configure the necessary storage space ?
Go to "System Properties", select the "System Protection" tab and then click on "Configure".
Chose a big space first, the image takes a lot of Gigabytes (you can have a look into your other PC for the size). You can always reduce the space after you took your image.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
In Windows 11, in control panel, I select Backup (windows 7). Try to launch "Create system Image" and nothing happens. it works on my other windows 11 computer. Just simply will not launch to create the image any ideas?
If I were you, I would not use THAT backup at all. You will never be able to restore your system using that. There have been plenty of reports about that.
A good imaging system that I am using, is Macrium reflect (there is still the discontinued version 8.0 out there (Major Geeks I think)) or using Acronis True Image (if you have a SanDisk or WD drive you can download it for free on the WD website).
You are much better off with those.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
A very good free backup and disk cloning program is Hasleo. If interested in checking it out, use the link below.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
It was very long ago, when I discovered that Windows Backup was just not up to the job, of making reliable backups.
There have been literally thousands of posts on various forums about that. But, sadly, some folks just don't read and learn!!!

Personally, I found the ideal backup software back in 1997, (Ghost) and I've been using it ever since.
Broadcom has acquired the program and has put it out in a Windows Shell.
URL available on request.

It loads and runs from any Bootable Media, like a Flash Drive. In all these years, I've never had the program fail to do what it's supposed to do. It will only fail if there are ERRORS on the HD.
So, it will not make a backup of any HD with Errors on it. Restores are assured to work.

Cheers Mate
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
Even Microsoft state to use third party disk imaging software due to Windows backup being deprecated.

Vote:

Ask a Question