Default folder view "LIST"

Peano

Reaction score
Just started using W11. Default folder view is "Details." I can change that to "List" in a folder, but the change doesn't stick, nor does it affect other folder views.

In Win 7 I could choose "List" as the default view for all folders. I'm trying to do the same in Win 11, but so far nothing has worked. I've spend hours searching the Internet and trying solutions that people offered, but none have worked.

Any suggestions?

Bighorn

Reaction score
Set File Explorer as desired then go to the 3 dots ... on the menu bar then click Options then it's View tab, pick one of the 2 choices at the top.

1699480790729.png
1699480835136.png

Vote:

Peano

Reaction score
Set File Explorer as desired then go to the 3 dots ... on the menu bar then click Options then it's View tab, pick one of the 2 choices at the top.

View attachment 1431
View attachment 1432
Thank you! My Folder Options panel doesn't have the three dots. I finally figured out that you have to click "Organize" to get to the "Options" panel. In any case, problem solved, so thanks again!screen shot.jpg

Vote:

Ask a Question