E-mail Problems

mojo53

Reaction score
I am still running microsoft office 2007 and using Outlook for e-mail which has worked fine over the years, but now my ISP has dumped everything to do with e-mail and handed it over to another company, now my e-mails are running slow and occasionally i get
"The Server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified and The Target principal name is incorrect" what is causing that? is it my old Outlook playing up or the new company thats running my e-mails.
Thanks Guys.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hello,

The high probability is the they're using latest mail server application which triggers your Outlook as an outdated version and prompts the security certificate notification validation.

There are limitations in SSL/TLS that the host name the client is connecting to is not revealed to the server until a secure socket has been established. For POP3 or IMAP account, try disabling the option ‘This Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’ for the Outgoing server and check if this helps;

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings > Select the account and click on change > Click on More settings and click on Outgoing server tab > Check / UnCheck the box My Outgoing server requires authentication.​

Vote:

mojo53

Reaction score
Hi Xploit Machine

I Tried your test method but i got errors "Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 Relay Denied - Unauthorized" so it looks like i will have to put up with security certificate server pop ups or get a new e-mail program.
What about the e-mail program built into windows is that any good?

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
It was hit-or-miss at times for a few of my clients.

I saw a notice this morning [I think it was on MSN News] that Microsoft is changing Mail to a version of Outlook. A Search found this:

Last edited:

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hi Xploit Machine

I Tried your test method but i got errors "Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 Relay Denied - Unauthorized" so it looks like i will have to put up with security certificate server pop ups or get a new e-mail program.

Oh, hhmmm .. ok you an also use the Mail & Calendar app which is built-in the W11 itself .. its simple and great, not slow or laggy compares with Microsoft Office (Outlook) .. yes I am using Outlook (Beta) built in W11 as well, very simple and ease to use ..

Also remember, as you will get a new app icon which state as Outlook (Beta) in Start Menu and its actually same as Mail & Calendar which has been upgraded.

I suppose Microsoft will soon end Mail & Calendar app since Calendar is already seperated.

1696070286035.png

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Just finished helping a client after a move who has a Hotmail account. The "suggestion" to try the new Outlook is no longer a suggestion, had to change her over, mostly verifying the account, etc. For a test I used a portable version of Firefox and got the usual Hotmail once then after that every action got the 'new' message. It's my turn now to change my Hotmail and Outlook.com logins.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Another best thing about the New Outlook (Beta) is, it has Recover part, where it resides in Recycle / Trash folder ..deleted emails can be recovered. Not like the standard web based email applications. It also available for emails other than Hotmail / Live / Outlook.

I have about 5 email accounts, but for AOL mail because we cannot use standard account password to authenticate, but needs AOL generated special password from the account itself. I configured about a year ago in my Android smartphone.

1696119595703.png
1696119546395.png

1696119494018.png

Vote:

Ask a Question