Need help upgrading SSD on Legion 5 Pro

speedyblaster

Reaction score
What's the maximum supported SSD capacity for Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H? I already have a 1TB SSD in the right slot but can I install a 2TB SSD in the left slot for a total of 3TB storage?

Lenovo's PSREF site says:
IMG_3330.jpeg

But many people on Reddit and YouTube videos say it can support 2TB SSD just fine. I am very confused if a 2TB SSD can run on my Machine.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Just saw this and my thought is based upon the age of the instructions/specs. Many times devices will not be available when the computer or its BIOS are created so the specs won't show what is available when the larger drives began entering the supply channels. An example for this machine is the 2 NVMe slots accommodate different sizes which may not have been available at the time. My guess would be no restriction in using a 2TB drive in place of a 1TB drive as long as the physical size is the same/fits. The notes given in the attached image would be the same, make accommodation for the "technology marching on" in the computing field.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
What ever happened to just asking the PC's manufacturer? They should know, if anyone does. Eh?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
This is the manufacturer recommendation, however you can bring the computer to where you gonna purchase the drive and test with 2TB on each slot to make it as 4TB before purchasing .. testing before purchase is allowed in our country :)

What's the maximum supported SSD capacity for Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H? I already have a 1TB SSD in the right slot but can I install a 2TB SSD in the left slot for a total of 3TB storage?

Lenovo's PSREF site says:
View attachment 1275

But many people on Reddit and YouTube videos say it can support 2TB SSD just fine. I am very confused if a 2TB SSD can run on my Machine.

Ask a Question