Start & search button not working

sidhu1990

Reaction score
hi,
today me & my son discovered that windows 11 update was waiting for us. with much enthusiasm we went on update. but after installation we discovered that start and search button not working. we rolled back and reinstalled windows 11 still same problem remained!! i tried every method showed on youtube like restarting win explorer, using power shell etc. nothing worked. windows update is showing up to date. no more update available. another interesting thing i noticed that icons on the task bar were in the central position of taskbar but after 2nd installation taskbar was just like windows 10. by the way i was upgrading from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. upgrading from win7 to win10 was smooth. but glitches on the very first day was not at all a good experience. don't know how much bugs are waiting for us. please help
many many thanks

MrGlenn

Reaction score
I do so wish that I had an answer for this. I seem to be having almost identical experience to yourself. My second update (after rolling back to win 10!) also has the taskbar on the left as per win 10 (with no way that I can find to change it). Also the START button and search box are exactly the same and in same bottom left corner as per win 10 - and no they are not working either. Not sure if its a deliberate change to win 11 or yet another flaw, but I can't even do a Right click on the desktop to gain access to Nvidia Control Panel (Win Key + R can't find it!). Only way to restart or shut down is with Alt + F4 (and thats a bit tempramental). I really do not fancy rolling back to 10 yet again, as that in itself caused me some problems! I am convinced that satan invented computers in order to drive us all insane!

i5 9600K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti, 850W PSU

Vote:

Ask a Question