Windows 10 To Windows 11

MCHAMSTER

Reaction score
Will I Be Able To Keep All My Windows 10 Browser Extensions And Other Stuff When I Switch To Windows 11

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You don't mention "which" browser, but....
Generally speaking, in most instances, a Windows Update OR in this case a Windows Upgrade does not impact non-native Windows System files to include third party browsers or for that matter most third party software.
BUT
It's up to any third party software manufacturer to assure and affirm that their particular product is Windows 11 "compatible"

We've all heard numerous complaints in the past "My insert name of software here" doesn't work after a particular update or upgrade.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
the "system32" folder is an essential Windows folder that is required for running Windows. If you want to save a file from this folder you need to back it up as mentioned. If you upgrade to Windows 11 those files (maybe not all of them) will be overwritten to accommodate the new system. This is NOT a folder to store your own files

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep....
For instance the entire Windows Registry is stored in System32\Config folder.
Personally I can't imagine wanting to preserve files located there, but I guess you never know.
Ours is not to reason why (I guess).

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Best plan, as so oftrn said, is to back up your whole computer on a regular basis. Use something like the (free) version of Macrium

Vote:

MCHAMSTER

Reaction score
Adwcleaner Cleans Adware And It's Made By The Same People Who Make Malwarebytes And It's Windows That's Not Allowing Me To Use Adwcleaner

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Have you manually configured Defender at any time? There are so many happy users of Macrium, it is certainly not a Microsoft problem

Vote:

Garyw

Reaction score
I Can't Download Macrium It Says Windows Cannot Access Macrium
That looks like a network error. You should probably post this problem in the network section of the forum.

Try this link. I just tested it and it works for me.

Vote:

Ask a Question