File Explorer

jdscogin

Reaction score
Why did Windows 11 take everything I use in right click like copy, paste, delete, and make it under shift right click. It frustrates me every time I do it. It makes no sense to me why they would do that. What reason? Just to make it different?

Sir_George

Reaction score
Why did Windows 11 take everything I use in right click like copy, paste, delete, and make it under shift right click. It frustrates me every time I do it. It makes no sense to me why they would do that. What reason? Just to make it different?
I don't know why MS keeps changing things for no apparent reason, but as it relates to your question visit the link below to change the dropdown menu back to the old style.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Quite some time ago there were articles published regarding the Microsoft development teams perusing suggestions from users to develop lists of the things the larger number of users wanted or used the most for how to build Windows.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
So wots new?

I can't remember any version of MS Windows, that has not needed a tweak or two, to make it more user friendly.
Windows ME and Windows Vista are prime examples.

As for the MS programmers, they need to change things, in order to justify their pay checks.

Back in the days, when I was a working PC tech, I might install some version of Windows at least once a day. I had a whole library of little tweaks and tips that I'd run on every install. NO version of Windows ever got installed without being tweaked and tuned.

Now, it's years later, I'm retired, but I still install Windows quite often, and all my tweaks and scripts are on just one 32GB Flash Drive. Along with all the programs that I normally install along with Windows. My folder (Sub Directory) entitled Windows 11 Stuff, is growing rapidly.
One thing that gets installed on every Win install, is the script in post #2 above, to bring back the full and complete Context Menu.

Once we learn how to fix the little annoyances, or just exercise our personal preferences, we can stop griping about them. Eh?

Thanks to some great Windows Gurus, we now have an ever growing number of little Fixes for Win-11.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Last edited:

Bighorn

Reaction score
A problem with the link in #2, in Firefox and Edge it opens, flashes part of the page then closes.

Sir_George

Reaction score
A problem with the link in #2, in Firefox and Edge it opens, flashes part of the page then closes.
I don't know what happened to the link and why it's not functioning. I am going to try again.

Ask a Question