Return to Windows Lock Screen

Josh Ready

Reaction score
This seems like a silly question to me but I can't find an answer anywhere.

When you are at the windows lock screen from power off, reboot, or log out, you are presented with LockScreen1.png attached. When you click or hit a key you go to an area where you can select a user and type their password as pictured in LockScreen2.png.

Let's say that I want to log in to the computer and click to get to LockScreen2, but then something calls me away and I end up not wanting to log in after all, how do I get back to LockScreen1? I would think escape or some other keystroke, but I honestly can't find information on what to do to get back to the screen that just shows the time.

Attachments

• LockScreen1.png
    LockScreen1.png
    725.9 KB · Views: 1
  • LockScreen2.png
    LockScreen2.png
    645.1 KB · Views: 1

Josh Ready

Reaction score
Only thing I know of is time. Takes less than a minute before it automatically goes back.
Do you know if there is a registry setting to adjust the timeout (I believe it is 60 seconds default, but I'd be good with a 2 second timeout, lol)? I'll search for that next, probably a GPO setting.

Between Win+L after logging in (as suggested by Bastet) and the timeout that you suggest, that's what I have now. It would just be a lot easier to be able to hit ESC or whatever to remove focus from the login and return to the time screen. This isn't a major concern because it's just me wanting to check the time without finding my phone if I've hit my user to login and remembered something, but really there should be an easy way back. I've even tried swiping different directions and so forth.

Vote:

Ask a Question