Windows 11 on i3-4150 CPU

DAN

Reaction score
I am running Windows 7 Pro on a desktop ASUS PC M11AD, intel core i3-4150 CPU @ 3.5ghz, 8 GB Ram and 586 GB storage, can I install Windows 11 on this 2009 machine.
Thanks.

Bighorn

Reaction score
No because of 2 things, one is probably not having a TPM/Trusted Platform Module and the other is you have a 4th Generation CPU but need at least an 8th Gen. CPU. I have 2 Desktops and 4 Notebooks in the same situation, just too old. Win10 would work and still has support until Oct. 14, 2025.

Because of the issues I got a new Notebook in Oct. '21 so as to learn Win11 against the time my clients would get it and got a new Desktop in Apr. '22 and have eventually gotten everything over from Win10, both are Pro. Then I 'inherited' a Desktop and a Notebook for parts but was able to get them usable, both are just barely compatible with Win11, both are Home and came with Win10 but Upgraded fine.

Having said all that, there are procedures posted on several sites about how to bypass the checks for installing Win11 on unsupported hardware but one always have a risk in that not always working.

The Intel list of supported CPUs:

Last edited:

DAN

Reaction score
I was afraid you say that but wanted to make sure. I really appreciate your advice thank you.
Time to move on from old technology. ?

Bighorn

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's always about "keeping up with the times". Both of my new machines were less than $700USD each from Dell, Core i5 with 8GB RAM, Notebook with 256GB NVMe drive and Desktop with 512GB NVMe drive. I found a 4GB RAM module with works in the Notebook for 12GB and upgraded the Desktop to 16GB plus adding a used 2TB storage drive I had on hand. I'm not a gamer so the machines are quite adequate for my needs.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
2009? That's almost NEW! I've installed Win-11/Pro/64 on PC's that are older than that. I currently have two, SFF desktops, one HP and one Acer, with Bios dates of 2008, very happily running Windows 11/Pro/64.

I first get the ISO from a Trusted Source, then Let 'Rufus' burn it to a Flash Drive, using its own ability to strip away the MS Limitations from the ISO as it's burning it.
Rufus will present an Options menu to you, and it's advisable to just say "Yes" (check the box) for each option.
Then you'll have a FlashDrive that should install Win-11 on just about anything but the Fridge.
Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Reaction score
I am running Windows 7 Pro on a desktop ASUS PC M11AD, intel core i3-4150 CPU @ 3.5ghz, 8 GB Ram and 586 GB storage, can I install Windows 11 on this 2009 machine.
Thanks.
you can but you need to mod the registry to do it.
easy enough to find the videos on what to do

Bighorn

Reaction score
I've got Win11 on a couple old unsupported Notebooks, 2010 and 2013, so far no issue. I did one Upgrade on a Desktop, a Dell Precision with a Xeon CPU from 2013, by using an offline/hardware clone so as to preserve the original Win10 "just in case". One thing to keep in mind, free upgrades from Win7 and Win8/8.1 to Win10 have been discontinued and even reinstalling Win7 may not activate, I have a Win7 Desktop but only as a reference machine if needed.

Ask a Question